This checklist is intended for business owners and managers seeking to invest in a GPS Fleet Tracking System for their company.
By using this checklist you will be able to make an informed decision about which company is best for your business.
Part 1: Equipment
- Have you had a complete online live presentation that fully explained how the company’s live GPS Tracking system works? (If not, call 512-535-4165)
- Does the GPS Tracking component track your vehicles using a fixed beneath the dashboard unit?
- Has the GPS installation process and schedule been explained to you?
- Can the unit be tested or fault checked remotely?
- Can the GPS remote device be upgraded or re-scripted over the air?
Part 2: Software
- Does the software provide auto-delivered accurate business intelligence reports?
- What reports seem useful to you?
- Can you run reports in batch format?
- Can reports be sent directly to a hand-held device?
- Does the software permit setting boundaries (alarms) on maps to monitor vehicle movement within specified areas?
- Can the software enable you to replay and review journeys minute-by-minute?
- How frequently (in minutes) is vehicle information and location updated and is the cost of this included?
- Does the GPS provider offer both client based and web based GPS solutions that are scalable?
- Does the supplier have a phone number for support?
- Are free upgrades included in the cost?
Part 3: Customer Support
- Does the GPS Fleet Tracking Company provide its own technical support?
- What is the average turnaround time for customer resolution?
Part 4: Lease/Purchase/Fees
- Are all costs and terms in writing?
- Software (GPS related) prices?
- Are future upgrades included or is that a separate charge?
- Are there any current promotional specials that you can take advantage of?
- What are the installation fees?
- Are there any additional license fees for service after the sale?
- Are the costs of wireless data service included?
- Are there restrictions on the amount of users that can access the system?
- If so, are there additional license fees?
Part 5: Company Background
- Determine if the company you are considering is a local, national or international operation?
- Do they have their own sales team, or are they using a third party sales vendor?
- Has the company conducted a thorough needs analysis relative to your business? (Do you feel they understand your needs and wants for GPS Fleet Tracking?)
- How many satisfied business customers are using the company’s solution nationwide?
- Does the company have customer testimonials?
- How long has the company been in business?